Balance Homes is a bespoke design and build company specialising in energy efficient homes and additions in the Adelaide Hills, foothills and inner metropolitan area. Its principal designer and builder, Paul Craig, oversees every part of the design and build process guaranteeing clear lines of communication and quality workmanship.
This personalised approach enables Paul Craig to spend more time on site with his clients and his trusted trades. It has been a recipe for success with many Balance Homes winning awards for building excellence in sustainable housing.
At Balance Homes, Paul Craig will:
- Take your first inquiry
- Be your contact through design
- Supply price estimates through the design phase
- Provide a firm quotation for construction
- Supervise and co-ordinate construction
- Meet you on site through construction
- Personally hand you the keys to your completed home
“Having the designer also managing the construction was a massive advantage” Glen – Brompton
Adelaide Hills Building Specialist
At Balance Homes, we specialise in building on challenging and sometimes steep sites in the Adelaide Hills and foothills. We have extensive experience in dealing with Bushfire and Native Vegetation regulations, overlooking issues and Local Council requirements.
Balance Homes Gives You More
A Balance Home includes high-end architectural and energy efficient features far exceeding industry standards, such as:
- Comfort plus insulated glazing.
- Triple insulated walls.
- Double insulated ceiling/roof cavity.
- Waffle pod insulated concrete slab.
- Solar Hot Water.
- Insulated pipe work throughout.
- Greywater diverter from laundry.
- 22,000 litre rain water tank, plumbed to the house.
- L.E.D. down lights & lighting throughout.
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living areas.
- IXL 4 heat lamps/exhaust/L.E.D. light in bathrooms.
- Induction Cook Top
- Triple glazed oven with pyrotechnic cleaning.
- Architectural fittings & fixtures.
- 4 Star water saving toilets & taps.
- Porcelain & Ceramic tiles – Beaumont Tiles Platinum Range
- Laundry floor tiling sloping to floor drain.
- Custom designed & built in consultation with client.
- Bulkheads above overhead cabinets
- Interlocking pine wall frames. Selected cladding.
- 2.7 high ceilings – square set finish to ceiling/walls.
- Exposed rafters and purlins
- Land scape excavation with rubble to driveway and house surrounds.
- 12 Month maintenance service